21 May 2008

Congratulations, and Thank you



CONGRATULATIONS to EVERYONE who supported me in my Quest. You were a part of raising $25000 towards Diabetes Research. THANK YOU!
When I was first approached about doing the quest, I thought it was an opportunity for me to give something back to the community. As it turned out, it was the community that continued to give! Unlike previous Charity Princess Quest Entrants, I was not employed by my sponsor, Cumberland Country Golf Club; regardless, Robyn Divincenzo and John Kiddle both went beyond the call to not only ensure all needs were organised and catered for (very successfully), but also all members, associates and employees of the club excelled in welcoming me under the Cumberland wing. I am proud to have represented the community that is Cumberland Country Golf Club!
Thank you to Everyone who donated money, time and products towards the cause. While I was not crowned this years Charity Princess (Congratulations to Natalie Booth of Wentworthville Leagues who was crowned this years Charity Princess), I stand proud at the total we contributed; over $12000! As a small community Golf Club, we were beaten by a large Leagues club by only a few hundred dollars, and the efforts of this years 2 entrants (Natalie and I) surpassed last years contribution with 3 entrants. This could not have been achieved were it not for the outstanding support received! Thank you to those who helped me in my Quest; I owe this success story to you!

No comments: